Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Good news/bad news by Susan

So you may have noticed it's been awhile since we've posted.  We were on vacation last week!!! We went on a 8 day trip with my family (mom, dad, brother, and his girlfriend) to Orlando, Florida and the last 3 days were spent on a Disney Cruise Line to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay. We will definitely post pictures soon and tell you all the details!!!  Awesome weather and awesome pictures!!!  Kids had fun and everyone made it back alive. 

However, the bad news......my friends and I were not picked for the Nike Half-Marathon in October.  Bummer!!!  It was to be my first one...in San Francisco, no less!  About 30,000 people entered and they could only take 20,000!! Can you imagine that???  Also, I missed the deadline for the Carlsbad 5000, so I won't be doing that race either.  There will be plenty of other races to do, so don't be too sad for me.  

Some good news....while on vacation, I got a huge deal on some new running shoes.  I've been needing new shoes anyway...I got my current pair for my first 5K......two years ago!!!  While we were in Orlando, we stopped by a Nike outlet and I got some Pegasus which normally retail for about $80, for a mere $35. Sorry to say that was the highlight of my trip.  

 

No comments:

Upcoming events

  • November 23 - J.T.'s 8th Birthday
  • December 5 - School Spelling Bee (come cheer J.T. on!!)