
J.T. finally went through a rite of passage....getting stung by a bee. He got stung last summer on the bottom of the foot and wasn't really affected, except for a stinging pain (how else do you explain it?).
This time he claims he was "just walking" and got stung on his finger. When it first happened, I rolled my eyes and said, "Shake it off". Me, never been stung. I saw the embedded stinger, which was pretty big and removed it with some tweezers. We went on with our day with no further problems.
The next day, his hand turns in Eddie Murphy's in the Nutty Professor. His hand, especially his ring finger was so swollen that he couldn't close it!! The joints on his fingers had no lines. It got so big that I was worried for his life...like his whole body would swell up, or worse, just his tongue and he wouldn't be able to breath. I kept looking to see if the swelling was spreading to other parts of his arm. But alas, a few days later, he was fine.
1 comment:
fyi- don't use a tweezer to remove a bee stinger because it ends up leaving the venom inside. You should scrape it off
Post a Comment