
Yesterday we had our last game of the summer season against the Black Widows - whose uniforms, strangely enough, are white. We did not lose....but we did not win either. We tied 2-2! After a no-scoring 1st half, I thought "So far, so good." Then we scored early in the first half, then they answered with a goal of their own. They scored another one after that, but we were determined not to lose yet another game. Somehow we got another ball in the goal, which was heavily debated by the other team..... it was a very messy goal with people on the ground, limbs flying, etc.
Even though it was tightly taped, my ankle was still hurting me. I did play...my dream position of right forward, nevertheless. (Does someone on my team actually read this blog??) However, you could tell by the way I played that I was really apprehensive about further injuring myself. I felt like I played the worst game I had ever played - continually passing to the other team, missing a ball between my legs, forgetting my position (!), running like I was in mud, and just making a total ass out of myself by not being in the right place at the right time. This is like the recurring nightmare that I've had since highschool coming true - where I'm playing soccer and I'm running in slow motion and I can never get to the ball in time and I think I'm going to nail it, but I completely just flub my kick.
I'm glad to be done and I think I will take next season off to recoup.
Even though it was tightly taped, my ankle was still hurting me. I did play...my dream position of right forward, nevertheless. (Does someone on my team actually read this blog??) However, you could tell by the way I played that I was really apprehensive about further injuring myself. I felt like I played the worst game I had ever played - continually passing to the other team, missing a ball between my legs, forgetting my position (!), running like I was in mud, and just making a total ass out of myself by not being in the right place at the right time. This is like the recurring nightmare that I've had since highschool coming true - where I'm playing soccer and I'm running in slow motion and I can never get to the ball in time and I think I'm going to nail it, but I completely just flub my kick.
I'm glad to be done and I think I will take next season off to recoup.
No comments:
Post a Comment