So Eden was RANDOMLY chosen to be the Principal for the Day at school. I stress RANDOM because I'm the one who arranges the drawing. Well, not "arranges" it. I mean, sets it up. Well, not "setting it up". Anyway, I organize it. And not like "organized crime". Each student who completes their Reading Log gets ONE raffle ticket. I stress ONE. Their names get put in a big plastic bowl and someone, usually a student (i.e. NOT me), reaches their hand in there and pulls one ticket out and that name happened to be Eden. Signal deep sinking feeling. I was super happy for her, but I always get that icky feeling that someone might be thinking way deep in their mind that I set it all up. J.T. was also the Principal of the Day when he was in Kindergarten. Some kids turn in their Reading Logs every single month and still don't get picked in the drawing. Some get picked twice. I guess it's just the luck of the draw, but I'm totally okay with my kids not being lucky.
Anyway, (geesh, stop distracting me!) Eden got to be the Principal of the Day on Wednesday. So she got to walk around with a clipboard with two other students (also randomly chosen) and pretend like she was important. We even bought a "principal" outfit, although she absolutely would not put her hair in a bun!! She got to ring the morning bell and stand with the principal at our morning assembly. She also got to enjoy a coffee (a.k.a. cocoa) break and treated herself to lunch at In N Out. She was with two other older boys and I heard she was bossing them around! Luckily, they were the two sweeeeetest boys who were very tolerant and patient. I had to explain to Eden the difference between being "a boss" and being "bossy".
Anyway, (geesh, stop distracting me!) Eden got to be the Principal of the Day on Wednesday. So she got to walk around with a clipboard with two other students (also randomly chosen) and pretend like she was important. We even bought a "principal" outfit, although she absolutely would not put her hair in a bun!! She got to ring the morning bell and stand with the principal at our morning assembly. She also got to enjoy a coffee (a.k.a. cocoa) break and treated herself to lunch at In N Out. She was with two other older boys and I heard she was bossing them around! Luckily, they were the two sweeeeetest boys who were very tolerant and patient. I had to explain to Eden the difference between being "a boss" and being "bossy".
2 comments:
you've created a monster! give her a taste of authority and she's gonna run with it!
ha!
do you have any pics of her principal outfit sans the bun?
:D
thanks for the pics! i love the outfit.
eden...can i borrow that jacket?
;D
Post a Comment