Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Mama Mia, Happy Halloween-a" by Susan

Do you know how much I hate Halloween?? And the reason I think it's the lamest holiday ever is because......... (pick one):

a) Kids are basically begging for candy.
b) Kids are obnoxiously hyper after eating said candy.
c) Costumes are expensive.
d) Kids wear said expensive costumes once!!!!!!!!!
e) I am cheap and don't want to spend money on costumes or candy.
f) All of the above.

Yes, the answer is "F" all of the above.

So this year was the first year that we did not buy ridiculously expensive costumes, which made me even more bitter, because that meant that I would actually have to be creative and put work into their costumes. My pattern in the past was procrasting until the week before Halloween to decide what the kids were going to dress up as and then spending an arm and a leg on getting on my order to be shipped overnight - not surprisingly, this makes Nick very bitter. However, I love the fact that J.T. and Eden usually dress up as a pair - Peter Pan & Tinkerbell, Mickey & Minnie, Batman & Robin (my favorite), Superman & Supergirl!!! This year J.T. decided he wanted to go as Mario from the video game, (which was okay since it was pretty basic) and naturally, I wanted Eden to dress up as Luigi, they would be more recognizable. Alas, although this would have my life super easy since all I would have to do is buy another pair of overalls and a green shirt, she did not want to dress up as a boy - even with the promise of a mustache - so she went as Princess Peach. Mario will always be a classic!!!

The cost of J.T.'s costume
Home Depot Painter's Hat....$.98
Red long sleeve shirt....$7.99
Getting J.T. to fit into Eden's overalls.......Priceless


They stuff their faces like little monkeys!

1 comment:

Cruz Nuz said...

You are a true patriot in our family!!!! I so hate Halloween - stupid, stupid Halloween. I have, however, come up with a solution to my wanting to send my attack doberman out the door every time one of those little beggers come a'knockin.... "If you want candy from this house, why dont you pick a weed or two on your way to the door. How about sweeping my porch for TWO pieces of teeth-rotting goodies... or just go away.... "

Upcoming events

  • November 23 - J.T.'s 8th Birthday
  • December 5 - School Spelling Bee (come cheer J.T. on!!)