Monday, May 12, 2008

Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream???

Saturday, we spent the day in Hollywood to watch "The Little Mermaid" at the historic El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. It's one of my favorite movies of all time (Eric is sooooo cute )and Eden loves it too and I thought it would be fun for her to see on the big screen, especially since the El Capitan is such an ornate and grand movie theater, complete with the old-fashioned organ. The best part - it was a sing-a-long so they showed the lyrics on the screen during the singing parts. All those times I sang "Part of Your World" to Eden at bedtime really paid off.....for me! I'm pretty sure I was singing the loudest in the whole theater!! And I never knew all the lyrics to "Under the Sea" until now! Ariel made a special appearance before the movie started and Sebastian came out to dance around during the closing credits.

After the movie, we walked around the Hollywood and Highland area, checked out the Walk of Stars (we saw Sting's star!!!), put our feet and hands in the celebrity imprints of the Grauman's Chinese Theater courtyard and had lunch with my dear friend, Christie.

Nick really enjoyed not having to worry about the stress of parking, traffic, and gas because we took the train to LA, which included a short ride on the subway. It was a much cheaper way to travel and the kids really enjoyed it, too. We felt like we were "being green." So many things to look at, colorful people to observe, and it was just plain cool!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY Little Mermaid! That's my favorite movie!!!

Looks like you guys had a fun time.
:)

Upcoming events

  • November 23 - J.T.'s 8th Birthday
  • December 5 - School Spelling Bee (come cheer J.T. on!!)