So if you were to take an x-ray of my bones, I'm sure it would be rittled with holes. "Soda leeches the calcium from your bones," says my friends mom.
Back in April I rolled my right ankle super bad after hopping around with Eden on my back. My friend said I looked like I had hamhocks.
I just finished the Mia Hamm biography, "Go for the Goal" last week and I was so inspired that I wanted to try out all the tricks and technique that she mentioned. Last Wednesday, Nick graciously went with me to do some soccer drills and I tried shooting the ball with the top of my foot. "Lock the ankle, toe down, dig under the ball" Mia Hamm says. My right ankle was killing me afterwards.
Saturday I was originally supposed to go on a short 3 mile run with some girlfriends. That run turned into a 5 mile walk.
Sunday, my back was killing me, like it was bruised, but I still went to my game. During warmups - again taking standing shots on Nick, this time with the inside of my foot - I totally ate it and rolled my left ankle. I tried playing on it, starting out as right forward - my dream position - and subbed myself out after about five minutes. I went back in as left fullback and, again, pulled myself out after five minutes. My ankle was killing me!!!!!!!! We still lost. However, we did really well, the end score being 3-4, the most we've ever scored!!
Our last game is next Sunday and I have soccer camp in a few weeks. Will I be able to play?? Should I go to physical therapy, like I was supposed to a few months ago??? Will I ever be able to ice skate? Is this caused by too much soda?? Stay tuned. ............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Upcoming events
- November 23 - J.T.'s 8th Birthday
- December 5 - School Spelling Bee (come cheer J.T. on!!)
2 comments:
Oh no! You don't drink THAT much soda, do you?
Here's another hypothesis: What if it's the onset of old age? We aren't 18 anymore...
I drink one a day...sometimes two if I feel wild and crazy!!!
My body feels like it's been in an accident. Everything from the neck down HURTS.
Guess I won't be playing in the
40+ league.
Post a Comment